- A mobile, or peripatetic, worker can be defined as someone who works at a variety of locations and travels between them.
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 requires employers to look after all employees, including those who are mobile workers while on or off-site.
- Risk assessments must be undertaken in order to ensure that hazards to mobile workers are identified.
- Control measures must be put into place to protect mobile workers. The use of safe place controls is preferable to and more effective than safe person controls.
- All mobile workers and their supervisors must be given adequate health and safety training.
If you have any questions, please contact Walker Health and Safety Services.