Are you making these 7 Common Mistakes in your H&S TRAINING provision?
If an accident occurs, one of the first things the HSE will investigate is whether you provided adequate and correct training. In 2 recent fatal accidents, for example, the provision of training was found to be lacking and the companies were fined £361k and £62k.
Common training mistakes include:
●allowing new employees to start working before they have received training
● not providing adequate training for a specific job
● spending too much on training that could have been done in-house
● failing to train staff to report near misses
● failing to see how good manual handling training can save money
● inadequate training for those who might be exposed to asbestos
● not keeping sufficient records
If you require advice please contact us.