Sedentary lifestyles are commonplace among office workers, but to make matters worse, a large portion of employees don’t feel encouraged to lead an active lifestyle.
Top Tips on Managing the Health & Safety of Sedentary Workers
Sedentary working increases the risk of developing certain health problems and can have a long-term impact on employees’ psychological wellbeing.
As an employer, you are responsibility for the wellbeing of your employees. Here’s a few guidelines on how you can effectively manage the health & safety of your sedentary workers:
- Encourage gentle exercise and walking throughout the day to improve circulation
- Ensure any employees that are seated for most of the day take regular breaks
- Consider rotating tasks such as filing, photocopying, or even making a coffee
- Train key staff on how to use an AED, and how to perform CPR
- Get consent to share medical information with relevant managers and first aiders
- Encourage all staff to drink water to combat dehydration—this can exacerbate any existing medical conditions, particularly in sedentary roles
Contact us should you require assistance